Sunday, May 9, 2010

Merry Mothers Day

It's my first official Mothers Day! Sound the trumpets, toll the bells, send out the little dude in the funny hat who rolls out a sign and says 'Hear ye, Hear ye'!

I feel so privileged to be part of this club. All these years of planning with my sister for our mum's present.. Now MY little family is plotting for ME! Yessssss! And can I just say how heart warming it was when an alarm went off on Papadada's iphone, signaling 'Mothers day on Sunday. Buy Mama L a pressie'.  God love a man like that!

As I've mentioned in a previous post, Mothers day here in France is actually the 3rd Sunday of May, not the 2nd. But I'm still wishing everyone everywhere else a Happy Mothers day. In fact, I think I'll celebrate both dates, seeing I'm a quasi-Australian mum and a quasi-French mum. I really like the word quasi. Anyhoo, think of me next weekend, basking in the glory of yet another day of the year where I get a present! BRING IT ON!

No, in all seriousness, is there anything better than being a mum? Some may argue that sleep-ins, total freedom, excessive veg-ing, partying it up in Ibiza, and eating out every night ranks up there. And I see your point. But just the other day, Sticky Baby actually vocalized something sounding very much like...MUM!! Papadada and I promptly turned into shrieking lunatics, repeating 'Mum Mum Mum Mum' in varying pitches and tones...like that's not going to scar the kid from ever saying that word again! Papadada has been instrumental in getting Sticky Baby to say Mum. Why? Because the man loves me to bits that's why! But mostly because Sticky Baby sorta said 'dadadadadada' first....and he's felt the guilt ever since..

So this Mothers Day I am hoping and praying for my itty bitty Sticky boy to say loudly and proudly and ever so clearly, 'Mumumumumum'.  Happy Mothers Day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment