Sunday, June 27, 2010

Discovery of the day

I have a confession to make.

I’m seeing other men.

Or rather, I’m reading other men.

Yes, I have a new guilty pleasure. Daddy-blogs. Seriously, these men blog like mo-fos. Such a different perspective from mummy-bloggers, but so entertaining and abso-freakin’ hilarious!

I’ve spent the better part of my Sticky-Baby-is-napping-therefore-I-finally-have-time-to-myself  allotments today sussing out the best Dad blogs in the blogosphere. There are so many. And the ones I’ve come across so far are genius.

If you have time for a laugh-out-loud moment (and shouldn’t we all?), check these doozies out:

The Daddy Complex - This David guy is brill. Cackled to myself like an old witch this arvo. Totally worth a read, in particular, in his right side bar, his How to hang out with your friends & their babies PDF file. I’m going to print it and frame it. And maybe send it out to all my kid-less friends. It’s just too good.

Shit my kids ruined - Such a clever concept. People submit pics of stuff their kids have destroyed. Peed myself. I have a feeling I’ll be contributing to this blog quite a bit in the near future. Can I take a photo of my boobs though? ‘Cause Sticky Baby fo’ shizzle ruined my tatas...

My own personal walking, talking Daddy-blog just came home from work, so it’s time for me to b-log off. Just in closing though, he says the funniest stuff to Sticky Baby sometimes. I am particularly fond of the moments when things are getting gnarly (ie. Sticky Baby is losing his shit and screaming for no apparent reason), and Papadada chooses to address him as if he were a grown man. Something along the lines of...

Why are you being such an asshole? Stop being an asshole.

Cracks me up every time. So wrong.....yet so damn true.

0 comments:

Post a Comment