Sunday, June 6, 2010


Ah, Sunday mornings. Gotta love ‘em. How did you spend yours? Yummy breakfast? TV and newspaper? Long relaxing shower?

Good for you, good for you.

Me, you ask? Oh, you know the uje. I entered my 12th consecutive hour of scratching the be-jesus out of my eye sockets, woke up with the driest throat in the history of the world and my head in one giant cumulonimbus cloud of ALLERGY SYMPTOMS. Yesterday’s post touched on this, but last night took my suffering to a whole new level.

So, in my foggy haze this morning at 7am, I reached for Sticky Baby, popped him on my hip and promptly googled allergies.

Kapow! I knew I loved WebMD for a reason. Yes, Internet self-diagnosis is bad, very bad, but it’s Sunday and my doc is unavailable, ok? Lay off.

And there you have it. Thank you, online doc. I know what I’m allergic to. MOULD! Gross.

The house that we are currently residing in is nice to look at but it’s literally falling to pieces. We are jumping ship this September ‘cause we’ve had it with the ‘surprises’ it bestows on us every 3 months.

So far:  All the tiles downstairs have started lifting so we are now living on concrete. So comfortable. It  rained in our bedroom for 24 hours during a freak rain storm. Thought the roof was going to cave in. And now...MOULD. In our bedroom. Around our windowsill. Black and green festy patches of nastiness. No wonder my symptoms peak at bed time and I wake up feeling like an itchy mutant.

So my Sunday morning involved a bucket of warm water, 2 cups of bleach and a sponge. And some serious elbow grease. Mould is gone, my hands are dry as a bone, but hopefully the reason for my allergies went out the window along with the yukky water.

Three cheers for cleaning!

Note: That photo is not of our house. It wasn’t that bad...but close. Ewwwwwww.


Amanda said...

I hope Monday morning is better!! Our house gets mould at the slightest sign of moisture in the air too - I can't keep up!

Post a Comment