Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nigella Lawson, I am not

In an attempt to create a jaw-dropping mid-week meal, complete with home-made arugula and pine-nut pesto, this happened:



What the eff.
Seriously, who rams a wooden spoon in a blender....with the power still on? I do.
I was trying to smoosh the ingredients down into the blades. The arugula was just sitting there - not spinning, not smooshing - just being plain rude and totally not getting into the pesto spirit of things. Now? I want to punch that arugula in the head.

On the menu tonight: Tomato and fresh mozarella salad with grilled chicken topped with arugula and pine-nut pesto...and a side dish of SPLINTERS.

Bon appetit.



1 comments:

Erin said...

Yum! I love wooden pesto! I'm sure it complimented the pine nuts. At least is wasn't metal...

Post a Comment