Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tag, you’re it

I’ve been tagged by the lovely Erin over at Huddy P. The posts she writes about pop-culture threaten my pelvic floor strength every time. Lots of laughs = pee myself. A little. Gross.

Here we go:

1/ What is your signature colour?
Ummmm.....clearly I’m not a proper grown up because I am struggling to answer this question. Or perhaps it’s the fact that we’re currently living the Expat lifestyle, residing in houses that aren’t our own...which translates to me not giving a rat’s ass about the decor. I shall answer this question once we move back to our home in Australia...and after I consult with an interior decorator....or Sven at Ikea. Ha! If it’s clothing, I love blood-orange as a colour.

2/ What is your most embarrassing moment?
There have been many. But I’m going to go with...Grade 2, I’m 7 years old, it’s recess. My group of girlfriends has been invited to play rugby with the cool boys. I’m already out of my depth but Ben Ware is on the boys team, and I’m in love. Before I get the chance to showcase my athletic ability, a giant oval shaped ball drops out of the heavens and lands on my head. I collapse in a heap. And then try my hardest not to cry in front of everyone.

3/ Would you get anything pierced other than your ears? If so, what?
I got my ears pierced next door to Bloomingdales on 60th street in Manhattan. I was 25. Which suggests that I would be 50 before I even consider piercing anything else. And the answer then will be "NO, you old boiler”!

4/ Are you a social butterfly or a homebody?
This is a tough one. Can I be a social homebody? Or a home butterfly perhaps? These days, I’m no good past 11pm MAX. But I do love me a good shin dig/bbq/dinner party/new restaurant/drinks with friends. No place like home, though. The couch, the hubby, the dinner, the tv, the sliding doors wide open inviting a gentle breeze in to cool us down.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.......

5/ Are you done having babies or do you want more?
Another sticky bub is definitely on the cards, but we’re happy to wait until the original model is a wee bit older. Watch this space.

6/ Are you loyal to your hairstylist or do you try every salon in town?
Total hairdresser slut.

7/ How many times have you moved in your life?
18. I’m counting from when I was a kid here. Still a ridiculous amount. #19 could very well be a few weeks away.

8/ If you could plan a vacation for just you and your love, where would it be?
Erin, I’m going to copy you on this one and say Bali! I’ve been dying to go to one of those self-contained villas, with your own private pool, all open-plan, breezy and fresh. Massages, scooter-hire to explore the Balinese surroundings, markets, beach bars, room service, fresh fruit, coconut oil. Yes please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment