Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To run or not to run?

Ok, don't laugh.

My sister emailed me yesterday and point blank asked me if I wanted to run a half marathon with her in June. Yes. A half marathon. Yes. She's certifiably nuts. But very fit. And yes, she asked about as nonchalantly as one would ask, "Did you catch last night's episode of Kim & Kourtney Take New York" (and of course, those of you who know me would know that the answer to that is a resounding YES!).

So this got me thinking. Can I physically put myself through 21kms of road running? Approx 2.5 hours of pavement-pounding? I've done a few fun runs here and there (I even have a finish line photo a la Katie Holmes to prove it), and I do an alright job on the 'ol treadmill. But lately, my fitness regime has been more along the lines of boxing classes, free weights, a bit of skipping, and maybe 10 minutes worth of Lady Gaga tracks on the rower. Not bad. But not quite a half marathon.

I'm still toying with the idea. Could be fun. Sisterly bonding - over pain. Oh, the excruciating pain. Is my body even capable of doing this? Should I pull on my joggers right this minute, run out the front door now and see how long I can go for? Disillusionment with a side of breathlessness and shin splints, anyone?

I will keep you all posted on my decision. In the meantime, like all decent half-marathoners, I have created a pictorial of gym wear that is hot-to-trot.


Lululemon citrus pants; Stella McCartney for Adidas tank; Lululemon zip-up jacket


Nike shoes; Stella McCartney for Adidas gym bag
Lorna Jane sleeveless jacket; Lululemon groove pants; Lorna Jane frilly tank

Lorna Jane singlet
(and yes, I intend to 'run like a girl')



Stella McCartney for Adidas headband; Stella McCartney for Adidas organic hoodie

Stella McCartney for Adidas running shorts and drink bottle

Guys, I've saved the best for last......I think this outfit will give me the motivation I am looking for to cross that finish line.....
TA-DA!!!!!

Half-Marathon, here I come in all my neon-undie glory!


1 comments:

Kindra Hanson said...

I love the run like a girl shirt. You can do it Lise:-)

I'm attempting a 5k next month and Ive never done anything like it. God help the both of us.
xo

www.kindrathings.wordpress.com

Post a Comment