Saturday, April 24, 2010

Word associations....think fast!


Facebook, Fakebook, Crackbook, Bragbook....Call it what you will but I love it! Sure, there are weirdos on there - and Lord knows I have weeded the 'friendship' garden quite a few times - but for Papadada, Sticky Baby and I, it's a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends and folks back home. That and the fact that the 'live chat' function saves me $$$ on my mobile phone bill!


So now I'm going to get to the point of this post. What do you think of when you hear the word 'mornings'?

My answers:
Pill
Hoodie
Sticky Baby
Nappy
Kettle
Bottle
Play mat
Coffee
HOTMAIL
FACEBOOK
MSN

There, I admit it, I'm one of those mums. Judge away people, judge away. But when you're 22,000kms from the people you love, give me a call then and tell me that a morning fix of 'puter passion' isn't necessary to kick start your day! Now, I'm a big fan of coffee in the mornings, but my relationship with the MacBook keyboard has become almost as elementary as my a.m cup of java. Ok, that sounded way too exotic. Mug of Nescafe instant.

So, yes, for 15-20mins each morning, while Sticky Baby is happily chewing on his favourite jangly kitten ball (yes, I buy him pet toys. They're soft, they make noise, and he likes them), I happily read, send, reply, forward, comment, like, dislike, status update to my heart's content. I love it. I feel connected to my peeps. It's what I think of when someone says 'mornings'.

I hope that my little blog can become part of your morning ritual. That would be fab. Sticky Baby agrees. Kitten ball is jangling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment