Thursday, April 7, 2011

Guess hue?

A bit of a teaser for y'all before the weekend. The latest (I mean the first) DIY project I have embarked on.

Re-vamping Sticky Baby's cot.

We bought this grand ol' dame from a pre-loved baby store. Beautiful, top quality timber. Big and roomy for our boy. I had visions of painting it the minute I laid eyes on it.

This is her before:


Man, who knew I would ever sand anything...but I did! Tedious and laborious, yes, but I got a good tan in the process. Always the multi-tasker...

Now I know you're gagging for a good after-shot, and even though she's finished and GORGEOUS, I don't want to post a piccie until Sticky Baby's entire room is ready to be paparazzi-snapped. 

So instead, here is a sneak peak at the colours I picked. Don't be alarmed...I know they're out there...

Trimmountain green and Lemon leaf yellow. I even love the names.


It took me all of 10 minutes to choose these hues. I find that I work best on gut instinct and impulse decisions. The creative juices were perfectly aligned whilst at the paint shop. Yessssssss.

What do you guys think?!?!

1 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am dying to see the big reveal! Love the crib it is perfection!

Post a Comment